Submit an Abstract
Submissions for Abstracts to open shortly. Please monitor this page for updates on when to submit your abstract.
ACON’s Pride Inclusion Programs is dedicated to showcasing best practice in LGBTI Inclusion at the Pride in Practice Conference. In order to increase your chance of your abstract being accepted, please ensure you adhere to the following:
- Your content must relate to LGBTI Inclusion either within the workplace, Australian sport or inclusive health and human services provision. Your proposal will have a strong chance of acceptance if it directly related to diversity and inclusion for LGBTI people.
- Present new content- consider presenting a session on something that has not previously been offered at the Pride in Practice Conference. If you choose to submit a previous proposal, please ensure that the proposal is current and up to date.
- Include presenters from multiple organisations. The strongest sessions include voices and perspectives from more than one company. Consider inviting colleagues at other organisations to join you in leading the session.
- Consider your presentation format. Consider whether your session will be presented as a panel, lecture, debate, round table or other format.
What you require to submit an abstract
Prior to submitting your proposal online, please ensure you have the following information at hand:
- Session title (10 word max)
- Stream of session (Workplace Inclusion, Australian Sport or Health and Human Services provision)
- Session abstract (125 word max)
- What is the value of the session? (300 word max)
- Specific session objectives (300 word max)
- Expanded description/outline (300 word max)
- Specific takeaways
- Presenter names/titles/emails
- Presenter bios (75 words)
- Presenter headshot/s
In order to accurately review your submission, please make sure you complete all sections of the application. Abstracts are not editable once submitted.