Abstracts - 2020
2020 Pride in Practice Conference
The request for abstract submissions has now closed.
Thank you to all who have submitted an abstract to present at the Pride in Practice Online Conference.
We are currently reviewing all submissions and will be unveiling our program shortly. If you have submitted an abstract, we will be in touch soon.
Where will I be presenting?
All presenters based in Sydney will be asked to meet at the Hyatt Regency Sydney (a Covid safe venue) to livestream their session, dependent on the day and time they are scheduled to present. In align with restrictions, presenters will be asked to be at the venue 30 minutes prior to their session. There will be 4 separate rooms set up, to adhere to social distancing requirements and full technical support will be present in each room.*Subject to Government Restrictions
For any presenter/s located outside of Sydney and/or unable to attend, there will be the option of pre-recording sessions or joining virtually.
More information will be provided to you upon acceptance of your abstract. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us.
- For each presentation, a maximum of 3 complimentary tickets will be provided for speakers to use for the day they are presenting. If your presentation includes more than 2 speakers, they will need to purchase a ticket;
- All sessions will be recorded to allow for attendees to watch multiple sessions for up to a week after the event has concluded. Presentations are not able to be downloaded.
- In order to accurately review your submission, please make sure you complete all sections of the application as abstracts are not editable once submitted;
- Abstract submissions will be closed on Friday 28th August at 5pm. We will not accept any abstracts after this deadline.
- If you are chosen to present a session, the presenters name and PowerPoint presentation (if you choose to include one) must be sent to Michelle Blom at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30th of October at 5pm. Any presentations sent after this deadline be accepted will not under any circumstances and you will risk running your session without a presentation;
- All PowerPoint presentations must be submitted in 16:9 format;
Impacts of COVID-19 to The Pride in Practice Conference
ACON’s Pride Inclusion Programs together with Hyatt Regency Sydney are committed to hosting a safe environment for our speakers. We therefore ask for your cooperation when it comes to presenting at this event to adhere with social distancing and practising good hygiene.
As a COVID safe venue, some of the safety measures at the Hyatt Regency include:
- Multiple hand sanitiser stations throughout the venue available for use;
- Extensive cleaning continuously throughout the day including wiping down all tables and surfaces, cleaning bathrooms etc;
- There will be a strict capacity of attendees in each room and speakers will be spread out to adhere to social distancing rules;
- Should any person show signs of being unwell or have a high temperature, they will not be allowed to enter the venue and will be provided details on accessing the nearest hospital. If you are feeling unwell you should stay at home. For this reason, we ask that you please consider a back up speaker for your presentation in case you are unable to present.
This year Pride in Sport will have a stand-alone conference. For more information, please visit www.prideinsport.com.au